Does you or your band want to perform at Soberstock?
The 12 steps to getting on the SoberStock Stage:
- At least one person in your band must be a member of A.A.
- This is a volunteer performance, so if there are members in your band that are not AA members, the AA member(s) in your band need to pay the non- AA members for the performance, even if it is $1.00. This sounds strange, but we like to keep with the AA traditions and not accept any outside contributions. (this always freaks out the non AA drummer who gets a buck for a gig!)
- This is not a match-making service for musicians (sorry). If you are looking for other sober musicians to network with - start asking people in your home group (or other groups) after meetings - you will be surprised how many of us are in the rooms of AA!
- This is for musicians who perform out regulary, please only submit your information if you are used to playing out - thanks.
- Unfortunately, we get TONS of submissions each year for this event, so it is impossible to let everyone play. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IF YOU ARE SELECTED TO PERFORM -You only need to contact us once. We get a lot of submitals for this event. We may also ask of you to send us a sample CD of your music, so please have that prepared before submitting the form below.
- Musicians/Bands that are selected to perform at SoberStock will have the option to enter the grounds for FREE(Only for the day of your performance), but remember that this is a benefit for Big Books for Jails and institutions in the District 2 area and we will not be upset if you want to pay the admission!
- Since we pay for all people that walk onto the property & this is a fund raising event, it is necessary for all guests of the musicians to pay the entry fee. This includes roadies, wives, children, etc.
- We usually will have a small crew on hand to help you set up your equipment, so you will not need your usual road crew.
- Please be repectful of the time slot you are given, it is very difficult to organize a concert of this level. There are other bands that are before and after you. If your time slot is (for example) Friday from 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 pm, do not start "Freebird" at 3:14 p.m.
- By volunteering to perform, you are telling us you will be available for any time slot given to you.
- After you have been given a time slot (Usually this is given by February 5th) you agree to be at the band loading area(behind stage) 1 hour before your scheduled performance.
- Be nice to the sound company - this is your chance to practice AA principles in all your affairs.